Bench Heights Rise to 130!!! My Wt=118
New Max 130! Attempted 145 and made it 3/4 the way. Got to work on lats!
Track: 800 warm, 16x100m all out, 800 cool, stretch
- Bench: 1x6x46, 1x3x85, 1x3x105, 1x1x130, 1x1x145 (attempt), 1x9x95 (till fatigue)
- DB Incline: 3x8x35
- Tricep pushdown: 3x15x90
- DB Row: 3x10x35
- Shoulders: 4 exercises - 3x10x8
- Abs: rotate 5x30sec. each - scissors, toe touch, plank
Friday Workout - Love those DE Deads
Conventional Deads today - 40%! Fast and Reset each one! Felt awesome!!!
- Track Sprints
- dynamic warmup
- half mile jog with 3 warm up striders
- 8x200 m
- half mile cool down
- Front Squat: 5x6x70
- Dead: 6x5x105 fast and reset
- Ham Curl: 5x6x55
- Han Clean: 6x5x70
- Low Back - Hyper: 3x15
- Conditioning: 5 sets of 60 secs - rotate: #25 Swing, #20 Yoke, #20 Front squat
- Abs: 4 sets x 30 sec. - rotate: plank, side plank, suitcase
Monday-Friday workout. Great Push Press Again!
- Bench: 1x5x45, 1x5x65, 1x5x85x 5x5x95 (85%)
- Press Assist: DB: 1x3x35, 2x7x30 (should’ve started with 30#)
- Tricep Push down on Fat Bar: 3x15x25
- Floor Row: 1x12x45, 1x7x70, 1x10x60 (again wrong on the weight)
- Shoulder: 4x10x8 four exercises
- Upper Conditioning: 5x60sec. ropes, burpees, inverse trx, DB Shrug 20#
- Abs: 5x30sec rotate: toe touch, heel raise, swims
- Roll and Gentle Yoga for 45 minutes
- Squat: up to 5x5x135 (remember to do it fast)
- SUMO (fast): 5x5x135
- GHR: 5x10x10
- Conditioning: 5x60 sec. Prowler, KB Swing, Bosu Ball Squat, Kossacks
- Reverse Hyper: decline 3x15x90
- Abs: 5x30 sec. rotate: T-Twist, Bike, Superman
- 10 x rotate: jumprope for 2 minute, 10 burpees, 8 KB Windmills each side
- Bench: 1x10x45, 10x6x55 (pause and fast)
- *****Push Press: 1x6x55, 5x6x90 Last time 3 sets. Today 5 sets. (YAHOO!!!!!!) Hit my nose, though! Ouch and collar bone all red and little bruised. The price of increasing weight!!! Next time I’ll wear a sweatshirt.
- Tricep DB Overhead: 3x10x15 single each arm then 3x20x15 both arms
- Pull down lat. Move: 1x15x70, 3x10x80
- Assisted Pull Up: 5x6x30
- Lat SH and Rear Delt superset: 3x15x8
- Upper Conditioning 5x60 sec. Rotate: 2KB #10 Snatch, KB #25 Swing, 2KB #10 High Pull, KB 25# Yoke
- Abs: 5x30 sec. Rotate: Toe Touch, Heel Raise, Swims
Exhausted tonight from this workout…it’s a good thing!
Friday-Tues Workout - 90# Push Press & 145# Floor Press
- 20x100 m. Was very sore from that dead workout the other day. Posterior body sore from rhomboids to gluts. Not Low Back or spinal at all. Muscular
- Floor Press: 10x4x65 fast
- Push Press: 1x6x65, 1x6x80, 1x6x90 First time at 90#!!! Yahoo-Felt Great!
- Tricep Skull: 3x15x20
- Superset: Lat Pull Down 3x10x85 and Pull Up (assisted) 3x6x30
- Non-press Shoulder: 3x12x8
- Rear Delt: 3x10x8
- Conditioning: 5x60sec. each Rope, KB Swing 25#, TRX rear, Yoke #25
- Abs: 5x30sec each Flutter, heels up, ABD-ADD
- Box Squat - Fast: 8x4x90
- SUMO - 6x5x160
- Ham: 5x8x40
- Snatch 3x10x45 (Really feel extension in the hips)
- Hyper: 3x15
- Abs: 5x30sec. heel raise, windshield, scissors, superman
- Bike - 30 min. lactic acid wash
- Sauna - 20 min
- 4 sets of: 200 m + 30 Box Jumps + 40 Rear Runners Lunges + 50 Sit Ups
- Floor Press: 1x5x45, 1x5x65, 1x3x85, 1x3x95, 1x3x105, 1x3x115, 1x3x125, 1x2x135, 1x2x145
- Assist Floor: 6x5x95 (concentrate on lats)
- Dips: 1x10, 2x15, 1x12
- Face Pull: 3x10x85
- Shoulder: 3x10x8
- Conditioning: 5x60 sec. each - 2KB Snatch, 2KB Swing, 2KB Hi Pull, 2KB Push Press
Happy with my Push Press of 90#. That was the first attempt at that weight. Next time I’ll try for 2 sets. Also, really happy with my Floor Press. Today, being Tuesday, I can certainly feel it!!!
This Week Nutritional goal is to drop .5 pound to get to 116. I am 116.5 right now. I have 4 weeks til my powerlifting meet. Carb cycling with 5 days of low carbs, One Medium Carb day and One High Carb Day. My highest carb day will be Wednesday and my medium carb day will be Saturday.
Tues-Friday Workout-LOVE SUMO
Monday Night - Chiropractic Adjustment
- Pain Free Exercises
- Spin 80 min.
- Pain Free Exercises
- Yoga 1 hour 15 min.
- Low Squat with Yoke Bar: 1x5x55, 1x5x70, 1x3x115, 1x3x150 (No Problem - so what happened a couple weeks ago) :/
- SUMO: 5x5x145
- Ham: RDL 3x5x145 (focus on heels)
- Pull Through: 3x15x70
- Heavy Shrugs: 3x20x40 superset with Biceps: 3x15x15 (just to parallel)
- Lower Conditioning: 5x60sec. prowler, wall sit (wide knees), single KB 25#, wall squat with red band
- ABS: scizors, bike, plank
SUMO felt sooooo awesome! I just love it!
- KB Single Floor Press: 5x6x25
- Overhead Press Posterior: 3x4x55 Push Press: 3x4x75
- Tricep dips with legs up: 3x15
- Lat with assist: 1x6x30, 3x8x35
- lateral Shoulder: 3x15x8
- rear delt: 3x15x8
- Abs: chop and lift
- Low Box Squat: 6x5x75
- SUMO Dead: 5x5x145
- Ham Curls: 6x8x80
- Snatch: 1x8x45, 3x3x65 Practice with PVC. Focus on extension of hips
- Low Back Hyper: 3x15
- Abs: Ball - Chop, top abs, low abs
SAT - OFF
No bar bells here.
DB chest: 10x3x27.5
Used compact cable system with bar for push press: 3x7x65
Lat: DB singles 5x6x40
Pull Up: 3x5
Tricep: cable push down. 3x10x45
Chop and lift: 5x6x45. X 25
No ropes or kettlebells so used treadmill:
Hill at 9%, speed at 6.9. 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Going to bed at 10 was key. Automatically woke up at 5 anyway.
I’ll be doing it more often! It was a beautiful morning!
- 16 x 100 m.
- Walk the curve, run the straight
Sprints on Track 6 AM Tomorrow…
Ok - I am trying to psych myself up for this. I haven’t done a 6 am workout in about 3 months! Granted back then it was warmer and if I remember correctly I had dim light! And I was “training”, so even if it was early or dark or cold - it didn’t matter.
Already laid out my layers of UA cold gear, fleece headband, gloves, 2 pairs of socks and jacket.
Here I go, think positively………Knowing me, I may totally fall in love with the workout and begin mornings sessions again! Broad Street sign up is soon and by the end of Feb. I have to begin some regular track work again. So, maybe my Chiropractic buddy and I will make a routine of early morning sprints!
- How’s that for psyching myself up :)
There is something about the word “FINISH”.