Great 3 miles! & DE Bench Day
Run easy 3 miles
- Incline Bench: 1x6x45, 1x6x65, 5x6x70 (55%)
- Incline DB: 3x20x20
- Push Press: 1x6x45, 1x6x65x 3x5x75
- Triceps Overhead: 3x15x15
- Rows (Lying Incline): 3x10x45
- Pull Ups (Assisted): 3x10
- Shoulder Lateral Raises: Seated 1x10x35 DB: 2x15x8
- Rear Delts: Seated 2x10x35 DB: 2x15x8
Bench Heights Rise to 130!!! My Wt=118
New Max 130! Attempted 145 and made it 3/4 the way. Got to work on lats!
Track: 800 warm, 16x100m all out, 800 cool, stretch
- Bench: 1x6x46, 1x3x85, 1x3x105, 1x1x130, 1x1x145 (attempt), 1x9x95 (till fatigue)
- DB Incline: 3x8x35
- Tricep pushdown: 3x15x90
- DB Row: 3x10x35
- Shoulders: 4 exercises - 3x10x8
- Abs: rotate 5x30sec. each - scissors, toe touch, plank
New Bench Record…2x125 My weight 117
Reaching new heights with bench lately. Training differently. Tweaked my form with hands closer together and feet out wider. Keep butt on the bench. Practicing Pause. Goal - 130!
Friday Workout - Love those DE Deads
Conventional Deads today - 40%! Fast and Reset each one! Felt awesome!!!
- Track Sprints
- dynamic warmup
- half mile jog with 3 warm up striders
- 8x200 m
- half mile cool down
- Front Squat: 5x6x70
- Dead: 6x5x105 fast and reset
- Ham Curl: 5x6x55
- Han Clean: 6x5x70
- Low Back - Hyper: 3x15
- Conditioning: 5 sets of 60 secs - rotate: #25 Swing, #20 Yoke, #20 Front squat
- Abs: 4 sets x 30 sec. - rotate: plank, side plank, suitcase
Monday-Friday workout. Great Push Press Again!
- Bench: 1x5x45, 1x5x65, 1x5x85x 5x5x95 (85%)
- Press Assist: DB: 1x3x35, 2x7x30 (should’ve started with 30#)
- Tricep Push down on Fat Bar: 3x15x25
- Floor Row: 1x12x45, 1x7x70, 1x10x60 (again wrong on the weight)
- Shoulder: 4x10x8 four exercises
- Upper Conditioning: 5x60sec. ropes, burpees, inverse trx, DB Shrug 20#
- Abs: 5x30sec rotate: toe touch, heel raise, swims
- Roll and Gentle Yoga for 45 minutes
- Squat: up to 5x5x135 (remember to do it fast)
- SUMO (fast): 5x5x135
- GHR: 5x10x10
- Conditioning: 5x60 sec. Prowler, KB Swing, Bosu Ball Squat, Kossacks
- Reverse Hyper: decline 3x15x90
- Abs: 5x30 sec. rotate: T-Twist, Bike, Superman
- 10 x rotate: jumprope for 2 minute, 10 burpees, 8 KB Windmills each side
- Bench: 1x10x45, 10x6x55 (pause and fast)
- *****Push Press: 1x6x55, 5x6x90 Last time 3 sets. Today 5 sets. (YAHOO!!!!!!) Hit my nose, though! Ouch and collar bone all red and little bruised. The price of increasing weight!!! Next time I’ll wear a sweatshirt.
- Tricep DB Overhead: 3x10x15 single each arm then 3x20x15 both arms
- Pull down lat. Move: 1x15x70, 3x10x80
- Assisted Pull Up: 5x6x30
- Lat SH and Rear Delt superset: 3x15x8
- Upper Conditioning 5x60 sec. Rotate: 2KB #10 Snatch, KB #25 Swing, 2KB #10 High Pull, KB 25# Yoke
- Abs: 5x30 sec. Rotate: Toe Touch, Heel Raise, Swims
Exhausted tonight from this workout…it’s a good thing!
Wednesday: New Dead PR - 275
My weight right now is 116. Will compete at 114 on June 2nd.
- Pain Free Exercises
- Roll legs, upper back, chest
- Squat: 1x5x55, 1x5x95, 1x2x125, 1x2x155, 1x2x165
- Dead on 5” mats: 1x2x135, 1x2x175, 1x2x215, 1x2x255, 1x1x275 NEW MAX!
- BB Good Morning: 3x10x85
- Reverse Hyper: 3x15
- Conditioning: 5x60 sec. Prowler Lunges, Prowler Sprints, Turkish Getup 15#, Mtn. Climber
- Abs: 4x30 sec. 6 inch hold, superman, plank
Friday-Tues Workout - 90# Push Press & 145# Floor Press
- 20x100 m. Was very sore from that dead workout the other day. Posterior body sore from rhomboids to gluts. Not Low Back or spinal at all. Muscular
- Floor Press: 10x4x65 fast
- Push Press: 1x6x65, 1x6x80, 1x6x90 First time at 90#!!! Yahoo-Felt Great!
- Tricep Skull: 3x15x20
- Superset: Lat Pull Down 3x10x85 and Pull Up (assisted) 3x6x30
- Non-press Shoulder: 3x12x8
- Rear Delt: 3x10x8
- Conditioning: 5x60sec. each Rope, KB Swing 25#, TRX rear, Yoke #25
- Abs: 5x30sec each Flutter, heels up, ABD-ADD
- Box Squat - Fast: 8x4x90
- SUMO - 6x5x160
- Ham: 5x8x40
- Snatch 3x10x45 (Really feel extension in the hips)
- Hyper: 3x15
- Abs: 5x30sec. heel raise, windshield, scissors, superman
- Bike - 30 min. lactic acid wash
- Sauna - 20 min
- 4 sets of: 200 m + 30 Box Jumps + 40 Rear Runners Lunges + 50 Sit Ups
- Floor Press: 1x5x45, 1x5x65, 1x3x85, 1x3x95, 1x3x105, 1x3x115, 1x3x125, 1x2x135, 1x2x145
- Assist Floor: 6x5x95 (concentrate on lats)
- Dips: 1x10, 2x15, 1x12
- Face Pull: 3x10x85
- Shoulder: 3x10x8
- Conditioning: 5x60 sec. each - 2KB Snatch, 2KB Swing, 2KB Hi Pull, 2KB Push Press
Happy with my Push Press of 90#. That was the first attempt at that weight. Next time I’ll try for 2 sets. Also, really happy with my Floor Press. Today, being Tuesday, I can certainly feel it!!!
This Week Nutritional goal is to drop .5 pound to get to 116. I am 116.5 right now. I have 4 weeks til my powerlifting meet. Carb cycling with 5 days of low carbs, One Medium Carb day and One High Carb Day. My highest carb day will be Wednesday and my medium carb day will be Saturday.
Mon-Thursday Workout…Holy Cow Deads!!!
Jump Rope 2 min
- Bench: 1x5x45, 1x5x65, 1x3x80, 1x3x85, 1x3x90, 1x3x95, 1x3x100 (arch)
- Press Assist: 2x10x70, 1x10x75, 1x10x80
- Tricep Dips: 5x10
- Lat Move: Wide Grip with circle: 3x10x70, 2x10x80
- Shoulder Moves: 3x10x8
- Upper Conditioning: 5x60sec Battle Rope, Standing KB Swing (15#), Rear Delt with red band, Two Handed KB Snatch (15#)
- Yoke Bar Squat: 1x5x70 up to 1x3x180 (with belt)
- Dead: 1x6x145, 3x6x195 (OHHH YEAHHHH!!!) Form was great 2nd and 3rd set
- GHR with orange band 3x15
- Lower Conditioning: 5x60 seconds: Sledge hammer onto tire, box jumps, flip tire, good morning against wall.
- Reverse Hyper: With bent legs, Push out behind to get gluts
- Abs: 3x30sec T-Twist, Heel Raise, Plank
Thursday - SORE!!!!
Deads were a challenge and a day and half later I am pretty darn sore. Erectors, Rhomboids, lateral core muscles and gluts. Oh…and wrist flexors. Not that I mind being sore, but I look like I have a problem walking! LOL!
Monday ME Bench…Strength good…Work on Lats
I did ME Bench today and I have increase shoulder soreness. Bench is most technical for me and I know that I have a tendency to bring the bar closer to my shoulders as compared to tucking my scapula and using the lats. I must focus on this over the next couple of weeks. My meet is June 2nd.
- jumprope and abs: jumprope 2 minutes, abs for one minute
- repeat 10 x’s
- ME Bench: 1x5x45, 1x5x65, 1x3x80, 1x3x85, 1x3x90, 1x3x95, 1x3x100
- Press Assist on the Bench: 2x10x70, 2x10x80, 1x10x85
- Tricep: Push Press: 5x10 bw
- Lat pull down with wide grip: 2x10x70, 2x10x80
- Shoulders: 3x10x8 4 exercises
- Upper Conditioning: 5x60sec. Rotate: battle ropes, #10 KB Standing swing, Rear felt with red band, KB #15 (x 2) Snatch
- Abs: 3x30 secs: flutter, abd-add, toe touches.
Mon & Tues. Workout…Felt like running
Got up Monday morning and had some choices as to my morning workout. Since I had just spend the weekend driving 13 hours and sitting a lot, I decided to run.
- Ran 4.5 miles Easy Pace. Just worked out the tightness
- BB Floor Press: 1x5x45, 1x5x65, 1x3x85, 1x1x95, 1x5x115, 5x3x115
- DB Incline Press Assist: 4x10x30
- Skullbreaker Tricep: 5x15x20
- Lat Pull Down with handles: 5x10x45
- 4 Shoulder Moves: 3x10x8
- Uppers conditioning 5x60s.: Rotate battle ropes, KB #25 Hi Pull, TRX pushup, burpees
- Abs: 3x30s. Windshield wiper, toe touch, 6 inch
- Pain Free Exercises
- Shoulder mobility
- Ball work on shoulder
- SPIN - 60 min. Felt Great! Legs feel awesome. Ready to squat tomorrow!